Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beautiful BUT Pain in a Butt prints

This was the most annoying print to work with and I will tell you why... One of the designers purchased this print and came to me to be put into a repeat and be separated... And it gets a bit technical here... It was originally a Illustrator file which is unusual for a print like this and some elements were in "Luminosity" mode under transparency... So when I finished indexing the file and separated the layers and tried to recolor for the purple version I wasn't able to get the same result as the multi color one because "Luminosity" causes totally different color results and the designers had one multi color print and purple color print that they got from the studio and I had to get those exact colors to them. Long story short these two prints should have been treated as two totally different prints but we have to use one file to create two color ways which was impossible in this case! So I ended up working with different colors to get a similar feel of the example print but wow it was a BIG pain in a butt!

No comments: